Friday, June 19, 2009

Off the Dome... Dj MC Microphone's MC Battle

Dj MC Microphone might just be a little crazy...



He asked me to judge this...



Wow, it's been ages since I've judged an MC battle and if it's anything like last time, the final round will decide itself. This is such a great event, I love the way he pairs local producers AND live instruments. Last month, in the final round he had the band switch to 5/4 and 7/8 timings. One of the rappers in the final round couldn't count it. It was borderline comedy on stage. I hope the same sort of hilarity goes down tonight. I'm sure I'll hear my share of ya mama snaps, digs about banging dudes girlfriends, the obligatory making fun of the clothes, and of course who could forget the gay jokes...

I love hip hop... Just so ya know.

No comments:

Post a Comment